Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Immediate Failure. I think.

Well, I didn't get up.

I did GET up, but not in time to make breakfast.

I did yell from my bed to my teenage son that there were two pancakes left in the refrigerator from yesterday.  He had 10 minutes to get ready as everyone overslept.

The pancakes are gone.

I found the ziplock bag next to the microwave; and a plate bearing some Veggie & Fruit twist remnants (have I mentioned we eat pancakes with Veggie & Fruit Twist on them?  The apple/mango/kale puree is AMAZING on pancakes (and a 1/2 serving of your daily recommended fruit portion, just FYI.)

I also discovered a plate with boneless chicken breast sauce on it.  Did both children eat?

Yes, I failed to course correct this morning.  But I suspect neither child went hungry, and that is good.

Yesterday I worked as a volunteer from 9am-9pm.  I found it difficult not to grow frustrated with another volunteer who questioned my integrity.  I also found I have profound desire to tattle on this volunteer - and THAT is a course correction that MUST take place.

BUT HOW does one handle that?  When a co-worker (in this case, another unpaid volunteer) complains and questions you - and you are truly in the right and they are being unreasonable - HOW do you NOT talk about it?

I believe I talk about it to get validation from others.

Why do I need validation from others?  Shouldn't my actions speak louder than words?

Did yesterday's pancakes make up for not getting up this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment