Monday, November 4, 2013

Today's Pancakes

I love Bisquick pancakes.

Not that this blog is about pancakes....it's about the course corrections I need to make.

Maybe pancakes can help in that?

This morning I woke up at 4:30; my neck slightly achy due to a minor surgical procedure to remove a single swollen lymph node.  I did my daily round of online newspapers, then decided to make pancakes for the kids.

I rarely make breakfast for the kids.

I don't eat breakfast, and fundamentally believe it is a recent invention of the upper classes in the past two centuries.  If I eat breakfast, I don't feel well, and am rewarded at eleven o'clock with hunger pains of unimaginable proportions.  If I simply have coffee, however, I don't have to eat until 3 or 4.  Really-it's a much better system.

For me.  Apparently not so much for the kids.

Lad is 13.  He's always hungry.  Winkle is 11.  She has mood swings...and recently I began to suspect a good breakfast might help that.  Then there's the 17 year old.  I believe going away to college is the only option we have with her.

Course corrections.  It starts with Bisquick this morning.  It's more than that, though...I need to make several.  In business, in relationships, just life in general.  Can eating breakfast together change any of that?  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment