Monday, November 11, 2013

The Monday Correction (no Bisquick involved.)

Today is a federal holiday.

This means, no mail, and kids have no school.

Let that puppy sink in.

No mail= no school.

For this privilege we start school in early August.  Totally sucks, and I hate it-BUT I cannot change it.  I CAN make other course corrections, though.

So, today - no school - hey - we all got up at different times.  Granola and cereal were consumed.  Kids loaded up, my father was collected, and we took off for downtown.  You see, there was a Veterans Day Parade.

Now in my adopted hometown, we do parades RIGHT.  As in at least an hour.  Fourth of July, Christmas - we march up and down the streets of our town.  Today was no exception.  Over 70 entries - and 80% or better were veteran's groups.  Amvets, American Legion, VFW...and Vets in Vettes (Corvettes-seriously), Vets for Peace, DAR Vets, She Vets - let's just say a large portion of our community VERY proudly served our nation!

My dad served ten years in the US Air Force, from 1957-1967.  Never went to Vietnam; his enlistment ended and he married my mom instead.  I noted today he doesn't wear a veteran's ballcap as so many others do.

Today, I spent a good part of the day outside with y two youngest and my dad.  Actually called in to my volunteer job and said I had to be a mom today.  It was a good course correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment